Tuesday, December 19, 2006

sadness

When I reached into my daughter's bookbag yesterday among the construction paper Christmas trees and other Christmas crafts was a note on school letterhead. It was to inform us that on Saturday the mother of one of the girls in my daughter's first grade class had lost a short battle with cancer. I can't stop thinking about this poor girl, left with no mommy. She is an only child so there is only her and her father now. I can't stop crying and thinking about what she must be going through. Sometimes life is so unfair...Her name is Samantha, please keep her in your prayers...

3 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger 1-4 Grace said...

Bless her. And so close to a holiday, that makes it even worse, if it can be worse than losing a parent at this age.
Prayers going up for Samantha tonight and you as well.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Trish said...

That is, indeed, very sad news. I will keep that girl in my prayers. It is difficult for all people to lose a parent, but especially children, I think. Here's praying that she gets the nourishment, compassion, and if necessary, counseling she needs in order to grow and learn instead of wither and fade.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Trish said...

I hope you are feeling better, especially as we are about to celebrate the wonder and love of Christmas. Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<