Friday, December 08, 2006

Fa-la-la-la-la laFriday Five

1. A favorite 'secular' Christmas song. - "I'll be home for Christmas", this one brings back memories of listening to my Mom's Christmas records.


2. Christmas song that chokes you up (maybe even in spite of yourself--the cheesier the better) - "Was He A Boy Like Me" - from my children's Veggietales Christmas album.


3. Christmas song that makes you want to stuff your ears with chestnuts roasted on an open fire. -"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"



4. The Twelve Days of Christmas: is there *any* redeeming value to that song? Discuss. - I personally could do without this song, but my kids like it so I guess its ok.



5. A favorite Christmas album - I don't have a favorite album, but any of the old Perry Como or Bing Crosby versions are good.

Mele Kalikimaka !!

7 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger reverendmother said...

Love "I'll Be Home" as well.

Hugs to you.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Susie/Nueva Cantora said...

Ah! Amen to #3!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Deb said...

No reindeer abuse at our house either...
:)
(o)
Deb

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger 1-4 Grace said...

LOL on #3. Check my #2

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger chartreuseova said...

I didn't pick "I'll be Home for Christmas" as my favorite, but it does have some beautiful memories for me.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree on #3, too!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

An awful lot of Rev Gals seem to like "I'll Be Home..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<