Monday, October 23, 2006

Fall Fun...

We had such a fun weekend I hated to see it come to an end.
Saturday was spent as a family which was wonderful. We all went to the "Y" together for AG's (daughter) swim lesson, then in the afternoon I made a roasted chicken with all the fixings (stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and green beans)...it was a little mini Thanksgiving. After that we headed out to the Pumpkin Patch, which the kids always love...we always get such great pictures there too, hopefully I'll get some posted soon.
Then Sunday afternoon we had B's brother and his family over to watch football and eat good food. Unfortunately both of our teams lost (Dolphins and the Eagles) but it was still lots of fun. Afterwards we all went out back and carved our pumpkins. It's early and they will probably rot before Halloween but this was the only time that everyone could be there to do it.
This morning I didn't want to get out of bed...and once I did I really didn't want to...It snowed...
a very wet icy snow. The kids will be thrilled and I actually think it looks magical too...I just wish I could stay home and watch it from my cozy living room instead of trudging through it...

5 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the revgalblogpals. You have already made yourself at home by playing the friday five. Look forward to more of your posts.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Shawna Atteberry said...

Welcome to RevGalBlogPals. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning either. But it was just cold here--no snow...yet (I'm in Chicago).

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Iris said...

My kids love going to the pumpkin patch, too! It's a family tradition. Welcome to RevGalBlogPals!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Yick. Snow in October? I'm shivering in my books. (yes, books)

Welcome to RGBP!
Deb

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Sally said...

welcome to revgals- hope the snow has settled or is gone- hope your week is also a blessing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<