Thursday, January 18, 2007

Prayers Needed

Prayers are needed for my daughter's first grade class.
About a month ago I posted about a girl in my daughter's class whose mother had died of cancer only a month after her diagnosis. I ask you to please pray for Samantha and her father who are still grieving and trying to figure out how they will get by once her father has to go back to work.
Today as I was talking to my daughter's teacher she told me that now there is a boy in the class whose father has also been diagnosed with cancer. Radiation and chemo have not worked, he underwent surgery last week, we are not sure yet whether it was successful. I ask for your prayers for this boy and his family.
I also ask you to pray for my daughter, she is having a very hard time with this and although we have tried to reassure her she is afraid that something is going to happen to me or my husband. She is crying hysterically every morning when we get to school and she doesn't want my husband or I to go to work. Please pray for her...

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger LoieJ said...

This is a really tough situation. Kids only see the worst possible situation.

One thing that you might want to do, is to talk with your husband about where yours kids would be taken care of if something happens to you. And make this official in your will or whatever is legal where you live. Then at some point, use this information as a way to talk realistically about this situation and for reassurance for your child.

When we adopted, my slightly older birth child harbored a secret fear for a year that she could be adopted to any place in the world if something happened to us. Granted this isn't an identical situation, but when we learned this and were able to tell her our legal plan, it was helpful.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger St. Casserole said...

thinking of you and your family.

children's fears are easier if we know what worries them. I'm glad you know and can work to ease S's heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<