Monday, March 26, 2007

On the way to school...

As I was driving my first-grader to school this morning she started talking to me about a certain verse in Proverbs that she has been reciting alot lately. ( I cannot take any credit for this she has taught it to herself.) Somehow the conversation turned to her cousins and she wanted to know why they didn't know anything about Jesus/God/The Bible, like she does. They come from a home with parents who would definitely say they are Christian if asked, but where they don't actually talk/teach the children anything about God/Jesus/The Bible etc. (For example, the 10 yr old cousin did not know anything about Jesus' birth being the reason for Christmas, my daughter had to explain that to him.) I told her that I guess nobody had ever taught them. Her response was, "Well, maybe we should give them Bibles for Easter, that way they could learn."
Boy do I feel guilty...as their Aunt I've known that I should do this for a long time, but it takes a seven year old to point it out to me...she is growing up so fast and she is humbling me and making me proud at the same time.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Iris said...

Wow! What a sweet, sensitive little girl!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What a great idea! You are raising her right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<