Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday Five: Artsy Craftsy

1.Would you call yourself creative? Why or why not?
I guess I am creative. I like to scrapbook, crochet, and am learning to knit.

2. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you currently do that you'd like to develop further.
I'd like to get better at all of the above crafts. I also hope to someday write a mystery...I've started a few but with the pressures of daily life I haven't devoted enough time to this yet. I always tell my daughter I want to be an author when I grow up.(She wants to be an author and an illustrator)

3. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you have never done but would like to try.
I would love to learn to quilt, I keep trying to get my mother-in-law to learn so she can teach me. I also think it would be fun to learn the art of stained glass...I just happened to notice the local community college is offering a class this Spring...

4. Complete this sentence: "I am in awe of people who can _____________."
Paint, sing beautifully

5. Share about a person who has encouraged your creativity, who has "called you to your best self." (I'm pretty sure that's from the Gospel of Oprah.)
My husband has always encouraged my creativity. He always buys me great gifts to help with my crafts and he has encouraged me over and over to write...he is a musician at heart although he broke up his band last year...he wanted to spend more time with the family and less time practicing with the band and playing gigs...I wish he could have found a happy medium without quitting it altogether. Maybe its time for me to encourage his creativity.

6 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh take the class! I would love to learn how to do stained glass!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Sr. Heather said...

Good play - and a lovely conclusion. Thanks!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Lori said...

You should finish your stories. Go get a mini Mead book at the stationery store, with a little pen and keep it in your purse. Get one for your car too. Whenever you get an idea flash, write it down. It really helps! There's never gonna be enough time. That's always my excuse for not writing.

How nice to have an encouraging husband.

Thanks.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Maria Tafoya said...

We made stained glass crosses and angels at our last women's retreat. They were fun - Go for it!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger revhipchick said...

stained glass...very cool.

lovely play and great conclusion!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Sally said...

Just reading trough the blogs, its amazing how many husbands are great encouragers of our creativity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<