Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Five : Rivers in the Desert

Friday Five: Rivers in the Desert

I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19, NRSV

As we near the end of the long journey toward Easter, a busy time for pastors and layfolk alike, I ponder the words of Isaiah and the relief and refreshment of a river in the desert.

For this Friday Five, name five practices, activities, people or _____ (feel free to fill in something I may be forgetting) that for you are rivers in the desert.




1. Family- When I am going through a rough time it always helps to spend some time just talking with my husband, playing with the kids, or on the phone with my Mom. Mom always lets me cry and whine as much as I need to and then she knows just what to say to make me feel better or put things in perspective.

2.Cooking - I love to cook (and eat) comfort food. I'm thinking that this weekend some pierogi would be great although I don't know if I'll have the time...it may have to wait a week or two.

3. Prayer - When I make/let myself take time to pray and study God's word I feel so much better about things. My favorite time is after the kids are sleeping, when the house is quiet.

4.Revgals - Reading Blogs during my free moments at work is a big help in getting through the bad days.

5.Cleaning and rearranging the furniture - When I am stuck in a rut I love to rearrange. It makes everything seem new and fresh.

Have a great weekend!!

4 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Sally said...

funny how rearranging stuff gives us a fresh perspective- great play thanks!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love pierogis, but I must admit I served my children frozen ones last night. They were still comfortingly yummy!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a neat mom that lets you cry and whine. You are right there with a few other people in the cleaning and rearranging category.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Amy said...

My husband knows when I'm working something out--b/c I"m either cleaning or rearranging things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<