Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Five - Summer Reading

As posted by Songbird:
Back in the day, before I went to seminary, I worked in the Children's Room at the Public Library, and every year we geared up for Summer Reading. Children would come in and record the books read over the summer, and the season included numerous special and celebratory events. As a lifelong book lover and enthusiastic summer reader, I find I still accumulate a pile of books for the summer.This week, then, a Summer Reading Friday Five.
1) Do you think of summer as a particularly good season for reading? Why or why not? Yes, I always joined the library's summer reading program when I was a child, and I still associate summer with lots of reading. (and I make my kids sign up for the summer reading program at the library too)
2) Have you ever fallen asleep reading on the beach? On the beach? Nope...on the couch...all the time.
3) Can you recall a favorite childhood book read in the summertime? Nancy Drew mysteries, Encyclopedia Brown Mysteries, Sherlock Holmes Mysteries, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (and other Judy Blume books)...too many books to list...
4) Do you have a favorite genre for light or relaxing reading?Mysteries
5) What is the next book on your reading list? Cross Country Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini, Reservations for Murder by Tim Myers...

Happy Reading Everyone!!

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, what is Cross Country Quilters?

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger lutheranmom said...

It is the third in the Elm Creek Quilts series. They are a combination of historical/modern fiction about a group of quilters.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger wheelchairs : Manish Steel Works said...

I am really enjoying reading your well written post. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!

Disability Products

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<