Friday, April 27, 2007

Six Weird Things About Me...

I was tagged for this by Iris from "Growing Where I'm Planted". Here goes...
1. I am terrified of skunks. When I was a child I had a very vivid nightmare which involved being bitten by skunks. Ever since I have been terrified of them. My husband and kids like to tease me and I am gaining an ever growing collection of Disney merchandise featuring "Flower" the skunk from Bambi...he doesn't scare me though...

2.Despite the fact that I have never seen/been in the area of a tornado I am so afraid of them. We do tend to get tornado watches every once in awhile (like last night), and when we do I sit there and try to figure out the best plan of action to keep the family safe (we don't have a basement). Again, my husband and kids think its funny to tease me.

3.Although I've knit/crocheted many items as gifts for others I haven't made myself anything yet.

4. I'm not Polish, but thanks to my husbands heritage this is now my favorite food to cook and eat. When it comes to cooking I love to feed people large quantities of homemade pierogi, galubki (cabbage rolls) etc...I think I am carrying the torch for my husbands grandmother whom I never met, but whose recipes I inherited.

5. Every night before bed ( and every time I leave the house) I check that all of the burners are off on the stove, sometimes I check then go up to bed, then come back down to check again. I have some other OCD behaviors too...

6. I do like some breakfast foods, but I've always preferred other foods and will eat any type of food for breakfast. Leftover spaghetti, pizza, a sub sandwich...I actually like to eat breakfast foods better if I'm eating them for dinner...go figure...

I tag anyone who wants to play along...

3 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Iris said...

This is a great list! I love cold pizza for breakfast. I guess I picked that up in college!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Di said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Di said...

lutheranmom, would you PLEASE drop off your pierogie recipe at the Kitchen Door?!?!? Please!?!

Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<