Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Decluttering

I vowed that this summer I would finally declutter our home, but so far its been so chock full of baseball games and other summer activities that I haven't had the time or energy. Last night I finally got started...I cleaned out the linen closet...haven't done that in several years...two huge bags of garbage and two boxes of stuff to donate/garage sale later...I know it is only one closet out of the whole house, but I feel a huge sense of accomplishment. I can hardly wait to go home tonight and tackle something else...
This decluttering is so necessary, I think we own everything we've recieved/bought for our children since they were born (now 5 and 7)...We are hoping to paint and move all of the bedrooms around in the next couple of months and I refuse to move clutter....especially when it could be useful to someone else... I'm praying that I can stay motivated and find the time and energy to keep working on this...

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Way to go!! I am trying to get the same thing done this summer but I am running out of time!!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger lutheranmom said...

I am running out of time too...although my Mom came to visit this week and she helping me go through stuff too. She is wonderful, I come home from work and the laundry, dishes, gardening are all done...I told her she can move in if she wants :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<