Thursday, October 12, 2006

Growing Up...

Why does growing up have to be so painful? My daughter met a wonderful friend last year and they were inseperable, now this year they are in different classes and her "best" friend has moved on to someone else. I know this is just a part of growing up, but when she tells me day after day how she keeps trying to play with this little girl and is constantly rebuffed it makes me want to cry. I try to tell her to look for someone else to be friends with but her comment every time is, "but I don't want another friend, "D" is my best friend in the whole wide world." I know her heart is broken, I just wish I could do something about it...I still remember going through the same thing when I was her age, and I remember how much it hurts.
I think it's time I give my "bestest" friend a call...its been too long...

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger CoG said...

Ooohh, I feel for your daughter and for you. My daughter is just getting toward that age, and I can see the heartache coming. She is very loyal; I know most of the rest of the world is not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<